Fireworks / Pyrotechnics Displays
To apply for a permit, the applicant must provide the following information:
- Must provide the appropriate "Certificate of Insurance". The permittee shall furnish a bond or insurance in an amount deemed adequate by the Board of City Commissioners, but not less than two hundred fifty thousand dollars ($250,000.00) per individual or five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000.00) per occurrence, conditioned for the payment of all potential damages which may be caused either to a person or persons or to the property by reason of the permitted display, and arising from any act of the permittee, its agents, employees or subcontractors.
- Must provide a certificate showing current certification (current license) as a Pyrotechnic operator as well as a copy of a current picture ID.
- Must provide diagrams of display area, discharge layout and description of materials to be discharged.
- Must provide how pyrotechnic material will be stored.
- Must provide, if applicable, how crowd control will be conducted to maintain a safe firing area.
- Applicable permit fees have been paid - $100.00 indoor display and $300.00 outdoor display.
- Date, location, and time of display.
- Contact information including email and telephone numbers.
The applicant will be contacted once all information has been received.
All Fireworks Display Permits can be applied for online. Using the link below, log in as a public user and create your user name and password. All fees must be paid at the time of application. If you are planning an outdoor display, please contact the fire department prior to submitting an application to ensure it is allowed. Please read the “How To” information first before beginning to help reduce any problems in completing the application. Contact the Bismarck Fire Department at (701) 355-1400 for more information, if you have any questions, or encounter problems completing the application. Permits will not be issued until an on-site inspection has been completed just prior to the time of the show and all NFPA 1123 or NFPA 1126 criteria have been met.