Garbage & Recycling
The mission of the Solid Waste Utility is to provide high-quality solid waste collection and disposal services in a timely and effective manner to promote the safety and welfare of the City residents.
In general, this division is responsible for the collection, management, and disposal of solid waste. The Waste Department consists of 36 full-time employees working in two sections; waste collection and waste disposal.
Christmas Tree Collection:
- Remove all lights, ornaments, and stands from the tree.
- Make sure the tree is not wrapped in any plastic or placed inside a plastic bag.
- Christmas trees will be picked up on the regular scheduled collection day
- Christmas trees will be picked up at the regular collection point
- Apartment Complexes should set Christmas trees on the boulevard for collection.
- Condos and Townhomes (3 or more units) should set Christmas trees on the boulevard for collection.
- A separate truck will collect the Christmas trees to be recycled.
The Waste Department consists of 36 full-time employees working in two sections: waste collection and waste disposal.