Road construction season in Bismarck typically runs from May to November. Bismarck street crews and contractors work diligently to complete all scheduled projects during this short season and any unexpected projects that may arise.
In the spring, the freeze-thaw cycle can create a bumpy ride for drivers as the road surface expands and contracts
During the summer months, the more in-depth projects get underway such as replacing roads and the infrastructure beneath them. These tasks can take several months to complete.
By October, most scheduled road work is completed. In some cases, remaining construction work will be completed the following spring.
Please check this site frequently for updates on Bismarck street projects.
- Downtown One-Way to Two-Way Lane Conversion Presentation
- Downtown One-Way to Two-Way Lane Conversion Frequently Asked Questions
- Flashing yellow left-turn signals at intersections
- Traffic Signal Operations
Construction Project Information
Special Assessment District Information
- SI-518 2018 Asphalt Resurfacing
- SI-519 2018 Concrete Pavement Repair
- SI-520 2018 City Wide Street Lighting
- SI-525 2019 Asphalt Resurfacing
- SI-526 2019 Concrete Pavement Repair
- SI-527 2019 Scrub Seal Project