- Check this link frequently for updates about changes that impact traffic on Bismarck streets including street projects, construction, road closures and more.
Roundabout Demonstration Project at 16th St. and Rosser Ave. Public Surve
Roundabouts are designed to make intersections safer and more efficient for drivers, pedestrians and cyclists. Design concepts like traffic calming allow pedestrians, bikes, and motorists to safely coexist and are critical to activating public spaces. Currently, the intersection has all way stop control, yet yields higher than expected crash rates. This location is ideal for a temporary demonstration that allows staff to gauge support prior to potential permanent implementation as more are considered in the future.
Please take a moment to complete the survey. Public Survey
- To improve safety for children and adults crossing the roadway in high traffic areas, the city of Bismarck has begun installing curb extensions or “bump outs”, improving safety for students and their families when crossing the street. Learn more here.
Construction Project Information
Downtown Bismarck Concrete Pavement Repair (CPR) ProjectThe City of Bismarck is proposing improvements to Downtown Bismarck from 3rd Street to 6th Street and Main Avenue to Rosser Avenue. Project information can be found in the links below. Hard copies can be viewed at the City of Bismarck’s Engineering Department, during normal business hours.
Special Assessment District Information
- SI-531 2020 Asphalt Re-surfacing
- SI-532 2020 Scrub Seal Project
- SI-533 2020 Concrete Pavement Repairs
- SI-534 Ditch Section Road Maintenance
- SI-535 2020 City Wide Street Lighting
- SI-541 2021 Asphalt Maintenance
- SI-542 2021 Scrub Seal Project
- SI-543 2021 Ditch Section Road Maintenance
- SI-544 2021 City Wide Street Lighting
- 2021 Special Assessment Lists
43rd Avenue NE Reconstruction Project
The City of Bismarck is proposing improvements to 43rd Avenue NE between State Street and N. 26th Street. Project information can be found in the links below. Project decisions are anticipated to occur in spring 2021. Final design to occur through fall 2021 and anticipated construction in summer 2022 (pending available funding).
- Virtual Public Meeting Narrated Presentation
- Project Handout
- Project Location
- Frontage Road and N 15th Street Options
- 4-Lane & 3-Lane Alternatives
- N 19th Street Intersection Options
- Pointe Loop & N 26th Street Options
- N 19th Street Improvements