"The Rhythm of Public Works"
Bismarck Public Works Day
Saturday, May 9, 2020
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Bismarck Public Works will celebrate "The Rhythm of Public Works" at Public Works located at 601 South 26th Street, Bismarck. We plan, build, manage and operate in the heart of this community to improve your everyday quality of life. Find out what it takes to make our community such a great place to live.
This public event will include the following:
- Hands-on Activities for children using recyclable material.
- Sit in Public Works equipment.
- Paint the Snowplow.
- Sweeper, garbage truck, televised truck camera, log truck, traffic signal, and equipment demonstrations.
- First 250 children will receive a free public works play hard hat.
- Children in grades K-5 will be able to register to win a ride to school in a Public Works vehicle.
Contact Information and Directions
- Phone: 701-355-1700
- Directions to Public Works (South 26th Street between Main Avenue and Bismarck Expressway. East side of the street.
"The Rhythm of Public Works" is the theme for the 2020 National Public Works Week. This theme represents how our community is a symphony of essential services, working in concert create a great place to live. Every community has a rhythm, a heartbeat that reflects its essence and tempo of life.
Public Works’ keeps a community’s rhythm moving by providing an orchestra of infrastructure services in transportation, water, wastewater, and stormwater treatment, public buildings and spaces, parks, and grounds, emergency management and first response, solid waste, and right-of-way management. Public Works provides the harmony needed for collaboration with all the stakeholders in capital projects, infrastructure solutions, and quality of life services.
Public Works Week Proclamation