- Public Works
- Recycling Drop Off Sites
Recycling Drop Off Site
What is single-sort recycling?
Single-sort recycling refers to a system in which all papers, plastics, metals, glass and other materials (see list below) are mixed together in one container for collection, no sorting needed.
Special Instructions for Recyclables
- All aerosol cans must be empty.
- All fiber must be dry and free of food debris and other contaminating material.
- All glass containers must be empty.
- All plastic containers must be empty.
- All tin cans, bi-metal cans, and aluminum cans must be empty.
- Tissues, paper towels or other paper that has been in contact with food is not acceptable.
Landfill Recycling Drop Site
Recycling Drop Site
Location: Bismarck Landfill: 2111 North 52nd Street, Bismarck ND 58501
- As you enter the landfill, it is on the south side of the road, west of the scale house.
- This site is for residential use only - NOT for commercial use!
- The recycling drop site at the Bismarck landfill will operate during regular business hours.
- Available during landfill business hours.
- Aluminum food and beverage containers
- Cartons for food and beverages products
- Cereal boxes
- Glass food and beverage containers – brown, clear, or green
- Old corrugated cardboard
- Paper for printers and copiers
- Paper without wax liners
- Plastic bottles, containers, tubs and lids #1-7
- Shredded paper should be placed in paper bag and stapled closed
- Telephone books
- Tin/Ferrous (Iron) cans
Materials not accepted, include but are not limited to:
- Coat hangers
- Contain dry cell batteries of lead acid batteries;
- Contain chemicals or other properties which are deleterious or capable of causing material damage to any part of Contractor’s property, its personnel or the public.
- Contain excluded materials defined as any waste tires, radioactive, volatile, corrosive, flammable, explosive, biomedical, infectious, bio-hazardous, regulated medical or hazardous waste, toxic substance or material, as defined by, characterized or listed under applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations, or other waste not approved in writing by Contractor.
- Glass cookware/bake-ware
- Household items such as cooking pots, toasters, etc.
- Light Bulbs
- Microwave trays
- Plastic bags
- Plastics unnumbered
- Polystyrene- foam cups, plates, or packaging
- Syringes or sharps
- Window or auto glass