MEETING OF THE BOARD OF CITY COMMISSION
Proclamation recognizing the month of October as National Disability Employment Awareness Month.
Consider approval of minutes.
Public comment (restricted to items on the Consent Agenda and Regular Agenda, excluding public hearing items).
Consider approval of expenditures.
Consider approval of personnel actions.
Consider the request for approval from the Community Development Department for the following:
- Reappoint Chris Seifert and Rick Wohl for a term on the Bismarck Board of Adjustment to expire in April 2022.
- Approval of a Corrected Resolution to vacate the right-of-way desribed as North 17th Street, North 18th Street and East Avenue F adjacent to Blocks 1-4 and 14-16, Flannery and Wetherby Addition Second Replat.
- Request of the Historic Preservation Commission to provide Bismarck Parks and Recreation District a Letter of Support for Chief Looking's Village Special Road Fund Program grant.
- Request of Dakota Pioneer Land Company, LLP for modifications to the approved plat of Kamrose Crossing Addition Second Replat.
- Request of Southbay Development, LLC for the approval of an access easement release over parts of Lots 16-21, Block 4, Southbay 5th Addition. The released easement would be replaced by a different access, sanitary sewer, and stormwater and drainage easement to serve the same function. Staff recommends approval.
Consider the request for approval from the Engineering Department for the following:
- Approval of geotechnical testing services contract with Terracon Consultants, Inc. relating to 2019 Geotechnical Services ongoing services related to River Road slope stability.
- Approval of crossing agreements for conduits under the BNSF tracks at 3rd Street and 5th Street.
- Approval of the quit claim deed, right of way easement and storm sewer easement pending approval from the Capital Electric Cooperative Board on the same.
- Approval of development agreement with Verity Homes for reconstruction of Arabian Avenue.
- Approval to apply for North Dakota Department of Transportation Special Road Funds on behalf of Bismarck Parks and Recreation Department.
- Approval to award contract for Water Utility Project 127 to DL Barkie Construction, Inc. for $88,200.00.
Consider the request for approval from the Finance Department for the following:
- Application for property tax abatement for 2017 and 2018, Disabled Veteran at 820 Camellia Lane.
- Application for property tax abatement for 2017 and 2018, Disabled Veteran at 3114 Manchester Street.
- Application for property tax abatement for 2017 and 2018, Disabled Veteran at 664 Oberhausen Drive.
Consider the request for approval from the Human Resources Department for the following:
- Approval of a Customer Service Training contract with the University of Mary.
Consider the request for approval from the Public Health Department for the following:
- Approval to apply for grant funding from The Consensus Council, Inc.
Consider the request for approval from the Public Works Service Operations Department for the following:
- Enter into contracts with snow haulers, utilizing the lowest bidder and to select the next lowest bidder's equipment as needed during snow hauling events.
- Approve the contract with Ubl Design Group, P.C. for the Bismarck Police Department Water Infiltration Study Project.
- Award the contract for a refuse compactor for the Solid Waste Division to Butler Machinery for $593,800 with trade in.
- Approve option year two to the 2017-2018 Snow Removal Agreement with All Seasons Landscaping for a one-year term commencing October 1, 2019 - September 30, 2020.
Public Hearing on a New Class O Microbrewery liquor license for Gideon's Brewing Company to be located at 107 North 5th Street.
Consider the request for approval from the Community Development Department regarding part of the West half of Sections 19 & 30, Gibbs Township:
- Public Hearing on a Future Land Use Plan amendment from the High Density Residential and Conservation designations to the Commercial Mixed Use and Conservation designations requested by Sattler Family, LLLP.
- Public Hearing on Ordinance 6397, a request for a zoning change from the A - Agricultural zoning district to the A - Agricultural and CA - Commercial zoning districts for that portion of the West half of Sections 19 and 30, Gibbs Township, requested by Sattler Family, LLLP.
Public Hearing on Ordinance 6398, a request for a zoning change from the RM30 - Residential zoning district to the Conditional CA - Commercial zoning district for Auditor's Lots A and B lying in the Southeast Quarter of the Northeast Quarter of Section 33 / City Lands and Lots 1 and 2, Block 1, Replat of Calkins Addition, requested by Choice Financial Group and Lutheran Social Services Housing.
Public Hearing and Confirmation of Health and Safety Assessments.
Public Hearing and Confirmation of the 2019 Special Assessment Districts.
Public Hearing for the Sidewalk 2018 assessments.
Public Hearing for the Colorado Health Facilities Authority Revenue Bonds, Series 2019 (Sanford) as requested by Amy Cobb Curran with Chapman and Cutler LLP.
Public Hearing on Ordinance 6400 regarding Snow Emergency Route Change.
Consider the request of Lisa Fleury for approval of a Rehabilitation Renaissance Zone project at 522 North 5th Street, with 100% property tax exemption on the building for five years and an exemption from state tax on income for five years. The property is owned by Lisa Fleury and is legally described as Lots 13-18, Block 51, Original Plat. The Renaissance Zone Authority recommends approval.
Request of Capital Electric Cooperative, Inc. and AutoZone for the release of the west 30 feet of the east 40 feet of the non-access line adjacent to the north side of Lot 1, Block 1, Capital Electric Headquarters Addition. Staff recommends denial.
Public Hearing on Ordinance 6399, relating to the 2020 Budget. (Scheduled for 6:00 p.m.)