MEETING OF THE BOARD OF CITY HEALTH
a. Public Health Current Events
- Call to Order - Mayor Bakken
- Director’s Report - Renae Moch, Public Health Director
b. Presentation of Bismarck-Mandan’s Plan to Prevent & End Homelessness 2019-2023
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF CITY COMMISSION
City of Bismarck Flag Presentation - Bob Wefald, Chairman - USNS City of Bismarck (T.EPF.9) Committee
Proclamation recognizing the month of October as Careers in Construction Month
Public comment (restricted to items on the Consent Agenda and Regular Agenda, excluding public hearing items).
Consider approval of minutes.
Consider approval of expenditures.
Consider approval of personnel actions.
Consider the request for approval from the Airport for the following:
- Approval of Change Order #3 with Strata Corporation for Runway 13-31 phase 3.
- Approval for Airport Staff to Apply for and Accept an Other Transaction Agreement with the Transportation Security Administration for the Law Enforcement Officer Reimbursement Program.
Consider the request for approval from the Engineering Department for the following:
- Approval of the annual North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) Maintenance Certification.
- Approval of Part B1 of the 2019 City Sidewalk Construction Project (Hazardous Sidewalk).
Consider the request for approval from the Event Center for the following:
- Grant permission to sole source the repair and refinishing of the two basketball floors with Robbins Sport Surfaces for $82,532.00.
Consider the request for approval from the Finance Department for the following:
- Application for Abatement for 2019 - 614 North 4th Street - Non-Profit Exemption.
- Application for Abatement for 2019 - 1412 Basin Avenue - Non-Profit Exemption.
- Application for Abatement for 2019 - 1502 Basin Avenue - Non-Profit Exemption.
- Application for Abatement for 2019 - 2511 East Main Avenue - Excess Land Adjustment.
- Application for Abatement for 2019 - 4624 Amberglow Drive - Wheelchair Exemption.
Consider the request for approval from the Police Department for the following:
- Approve the donation of concert tickets.
- Request to purchase modular evidence storage system via sole source method.
Consider the request for approval from the Public Works Service Operations Department for the following:
- Award the articulated motor grader bid to RDO Equipment Co., for $257,680.00 with trade in.
- Award the manure spreader bid to Mohrlang Fabrication for $73,405.90.
- Award the Water Treatment Plant HVAC Renovation Project bid to Advanced Mechanical, Inc. for $451,340.00.
- Grant permission to the Forestry Division to request donations for the 2020 Partners in Planting Program and Arbor Day fund.
- Grant permission to sole source the purchase of deicer agricultural-based liquid (Beet Juice) for snow-fighting activities under the North Dakota Department of Transportation bid contract for the 2019 budget year.
Consider the request for approval from the Public Works Utility-Operations Department for the following:
- Approval for emergency operations required to properly dispose of biosolids at the wastewater treatment plan up to an amount of $95,000.00. Sole source rental of dewatering equipment, sole source procurement or rental is appropriate of polymers, tarping, setup for heating (including tarping, power, and running electrical), conveyor, 8000-pound fork lift, dump truck hauling and landfill costs, and other incidental items as required for the emergency operations as allowed by Ordinance 7-01-04.
Commissioner Portfolio Report - Commissioner Guy
Public Hearing and Confirmation of the 2019 Special Assessment Districts.
Update on potential zoning ordinance text amendments relating to Chapter 4-04 (Signs and Outdoor Display Structures) and Title 14 (Supplementary Provisions) of the City of Bismarck Code of Ordinances.