Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Notice is hereby given that the Bismarck Planning & Zoning Commission will hold public hearings on Wednesday October 28, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. in the Tom Baker Meeting Room, City-County Building, 221 North 5th Street, Bismarck, North Dakota, to consider the following items:
• Request of Misty Waters, LLC, Geiger Rentals, LLC, and J & K Management, Inc., for approval of a major Planned Unit Development amendment to replace the multi-family residential units planned for Lot 84, Block 1 and Lot 40, Block 3, Misty Waters with three single-family dwellings each; and a minor subdivision final plat for Misty Waters First Replat, a 6-lot subdivision on 3.14 acres. The property is located northwest of Bismarck, west of River Road along the west side of Burnt Creek Loop (a replat of Lot 84, Block 1 and Lot 40, Block 3, Misty Waters).
• Request of Sheldon Sivak for approval of a zoning change from the RR-Rural Residential zoning district to the PUD-Planned Unit Development zoning district on Auditor’s Lot A of Lot 1B of Lot 1; and Auditor’s Lot 1A of Lot 1 and Auditor’s Lot B of Lot 1B of Lot 1, Block 1, Dauenhauer Addition. The PUD would allow a variety of indoor and outdoor storage uses on the property in addition to the existing rural residential use. The property is located East of Bismarck, just south of Interstate 94 between 66th Street NE and 80th Street NE (7115 30th Avenue NE).
• Request of 57 North Investors LLP, Greenfield Commons II, Greenfield Commons, LLC and Olso for approval of a major PUD-Planned Unit Development amendment to allow multi-family residential uses in the ground floor of some of the mixed-use buildings, a drive-through in Building A with a special use permit and a childcare center in any of the buildings with a special use permit for Lots 2-7, Block 1, Daybreak Medical Addition First Replat. The property is located in north Bismarck, north of 57th Avenue NE and east of North Washington Street, in the northwest quadrant of the intersection of East Greenfield Lane and Saints Drive (Area 57).
• Request of Jamie and Tonya Simnioniw for approval of a special use permit to construct a 2,720 square-foot accessory building, which includes an accessory dwelling unit, on Lot 5, Block 1, Harvest Grove First Subdivision. The property is located north of Bismarck, north of 84th Avenue NE, west of US Highway 83 and east of North Washington Street, along the east side of Sage Drive (8531 Sage Drive).
• Request of Ralph Messer, Jr. for approval of a special use permit for an electronic message center sign to be located on Lots 7-8, Block 56, Northern Pacific Second Addition. The property is located in Central Bismarck, north of East Main Avenue and west of North 7th Street, at the northeast corner of East Avenue C and North 5th Street (703 North 5th Street).
At these hearings, the Bismarck Planning & Zoning Commission will provide an opportunity for all interested parties to be heard with respect to these items. Due to ongoing public health concerns related to COVID-19, the City of Bismarck is encouraging citizens to provide their comments for these items in writing or via email. Interested parties may submit written or email comments regarding these requests at least one business day prior to the meeting to the Community Development Department, PO Box 5503, Bismarck, North Dakota 58506-5503, fax: 701-222-6450, or email. Interested persons may also call 701-355-1840 with questions, for additional information, or to facilitate alternate means to appear at the public hearing without having to appear in person.
Descriptions of these requests are on file and may be viewed or copied any working day between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at the Bismarck Community Development Department, 221 North 5th Street, Bismarck, North Dakota.
Ben Ehreth, AICP, Community Development Director
For Bismarck Planning & Zoning Commission
Dated this 12th day of October, 2020.