While breastfeeding is natural, it can take time to learn for both mom and baby. Our lactation counselors will meet with you on the phone, via text, in our office, or even in your home. And all our lactation counseling services are free to new moms in Burleigh County. Our services include:
- In-office or in-home visits to check on baby and answer any questions new parents may have
- Phone and text support for questions on breastfeeding
- Information and support for implementing infant-friendly workplace policies
Exclusively feeding baby breast milk for the first six months of life is best for baby’s health. However, we realize every mom has different goals. We work with each mom to ensure they can be successful in breastfeeding on their terms, while keeping baby’s health in mind.
To schedule a free session with a certified lactation counselor, call us at 701-355-1540. We also provide regularly updated information about breastfeeding through social media.
- Weigh baby
- Physical assessment of baby
- Physical assessment of mother, as needed
- Feeding assessment and education
- Safety education
- Immunization information
- Newborn care education
- Information about programs for newborns/families
- Answer questions related to care of mom and baby