Reminder to Residents and Businesses
- Keep vehicles and trailers off the street until sweepers are done in your area, if possible.
- Do not rake sand or debris from your boulevard into the street
- Do not to rake or blow leaves or grass into the street.
- Grass clippings and debris plug our storm water system; please keep grass clippings and debris out of the gutter line and street. Adopt an Inlet.
- Maintenance areas tend to be dusty and visibility may be restricted.
- Motorists should drive with caution when passing street sweepers.
- Parents are advised to keep children away from all street sweeping operations.
- Street sweeping operations can be dangerous. Stones and other flying debris could be hazardous.
- Take grass clippings to the Yard Waste Drop Off Locations or City of Bismarck Landfill.
|April 27-29||1||Boulevard Ave to Main Ave from East City Limits to West City Limits|
|April 29-May 1||2||Century Ave to Interstate 94 from State St to West City Limits|
|May 4-6||3||Interstate 94 to Divide Ave from East City Limits to West City Limits|
|May 6-8||4||Main Ave to Bismarck Exp from East City Limits to West City Limits|
|May 11-20||5||North City Limits to Century Ave from East City Limits to State St|
|May 11-20||6||North City Limits to Century Ave from State St to West City Limits|
|May 21-27||7||Bismarck Exp to South City Limits from East City Limits to West City Limits|
|May 27-30||8||Divide Ave to Boulevard Ave and Highland Acres Area
From East City Limits to West City Limits
Bismarck's Street Sweeping Program
Each spring the Public Works Street Department conducts an annual street sweeping program. This program is initiated to clean up the dirt and debris that has accumulated on the City streets over the winter.
Street sweeping is one of the most cost-effective ways to remove the sediments and associated pollutants, such as metals, petroleum products, that accumulate on streets before they wash into local watersheds. Over 1,000 lane miles of roadway are swept each year. The program takes approximately six weeks to complete.
Due to the cooperation of Bismarck residents, the City of Bismarck Street Department has been able to clean the streets in a very efficient and timely manner. The City of Bismarck would like to thank its citizens for their cooperation.