Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Major General and Mrs. David Sprynczynatyk will host the tour and discuss the history of the building, which is considered eligible for the National Register of Historic Places due to its significance in the history and architecture of North Dakota.
Built in 1907, as the principal building of the Bismarck Indian School, one of only 30 non-reservation boarding schools for Indian children in the U.S., the two story, colonial revival, Hebron brick building has served the state and the nation for the past 105 years as dormitory, class room and office space, warehouse, troop barracks, quarters for visiting military dignitaries, and, since 1946, as the official quarters of the North Dakota adjutant general. Although the building has undergone some intensive remodeling and updating, it retains much of its original character and architectural style.
The tour and program are free of charge and open to the public but advance reservations are required and must be placed with Donna at 255-2586 before January 9th. The tour will begin at 7:00 P.M. at the front door of the adjutant general’s quarters (building #20), Fraine Barracks, which is located near the east end of the new Liberty Memorial Bridge.