Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The City of Bismarck's Community Development Department is pleased to report steady progress on the update of the 2003 Growth Management Plan for the area within and surrounding the city. Since the last update to the growth plan in 2003, the City has experienced an unprecedented level of household and employment growth that we anticipate will continue for a number of years.
The purpose of the public information meeting is to:
* Provide an overview of the growth management plan purpose and goals.
* Share information about future population and employment forecasts for Bismarck.
* Present a preliminary future land use plan for comment and discussion.
* Provide information on how people can stay informed about the plan and the various ways input can be provided.
* Highlight the project schedule.
The meeting will be conducted in two parts:
1. Presentation of plan purpose, future development directions and the preliminary land use plan.
2. Collect input from the public on the plan and information presented and to answer questions.
The public information meeting will be held Wednesday, June 19, 5:30-7:00 pm, in the Tom Baker Room, City County Building, 221 N 5th Street, Bismarck, ND. The meeting will also be broadcast live on local Government Access, Channel 2 and at www.freetv.org, live web stream. Home viewers will be able to call into the meeting with questions and comments or may provide input via email. The meeting call-in number and email address will be broadcast throughout the meeting.
We welcome questions, comments and feedback from citizens about the Growth Management Plan, via email at email@example.com, on-line at www.bismarck.org/planning, by fax 701-222-2450 or by calling Jen McNeil Dhadwal of URS Corporation at 312-596-6705, Bill Troe of SRF Consulting at 402-350-7783 or Kim Lee with the City's Community Development department at 701-355-1846.
Any individual requiring a special accommodation to allow access or participation at the meeting is asked to notify the City's Community Development Department at 701-355-1840 of his/her needs three (3) days in advance of the meeting. Also, materials can be provided in alternate formats: large print, braille, cassette tape or on computer disk for people with disabilities or with limited English proficiency (LEP) by contacting the City at least three (3) days prior to the meeting at the number listed above.