The Bismarck Police Department is looking for volunteers willing to work at the Bismarck Animal Impound Facility. Volunteers for the animal pound/shelter must be at least 18 years old.
• Must be willing to work with the public, answer phones and return follow-up calls.
• Will release animals to owners and may collect associated boarding fees.
• May issue dog licenses and collect fees.
• Be willing to clean office space to include dusting and vacuuming and clean kennel area which would include using a diluted bleach to sanitize.
• Have the ability to take photos of animals to be adopted and upload them to the internet.
• Maintain a liaison with area veterinarians and with adoption services within the state.
• Maintain an index of persons willing to adopt animals. Volunteer up to four hours of time per shift.
• Prefer volunteers who would be able to work at least one four hour shift per week.
Volunteer Applications are available by clicking the link below or at the Bismarck Police Department, 700 S. 9th St., Bismarck, N.D.