The Crime: The Bismarck Police Department is asking for help from anyone who might have information about a residential burglary. The incident occurred between the hours of 12:00 a.m. on Thursday, January 8th, 2015 and 2:24 p.m. on Thursday, January 15th, 2015. The victim was away from the residence during that time period. When she returned, she discovered fire safe and contents were missing. A window had been forced and shoe prints were located at the scene. Victim also found items that did not belong to her in the home as well.
If you have information: If you have information on this crime, or saw anyone coming from this location during this time frame, please call the Bismarck Police Department at 223-1212. Tell the operator you have information about case number 15-1037. To report information anonymously on this crime or any other crime, call Crime Stoppers at 224-TIPS (224-8477).
• To help prevent burglaries, keep your doors and windows locked at all times. This will serve to protect you from unwanted intrusions whether you are home or not. It only takes a few seconds for someone to enter an unlocked home and steal your purse or other valuables. Keep your windows secured as well. If opened slightly for air, make sure the window is secured so as not to open further. This is especially true for ground floor apartments.
• Get to know the other residents in your area. Neighborhood Crime Watch encourages this activity, which helps to reduce crime in the area.
• Check your locks on doors and windows and replace them with secure devices as necessary. Ask a locksmith for advice on your situation.
• When moving into a new home or apartment, change or rekey the locks.
• Report any suspicious or criminal behavior immediately to the Police Department. If you are reporting a crime in progress or other emergency, use 9-1-1. For all other activity or to make a report, call 223-1212.