Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
CHILDREN'S TIPS FOR A SAFE HALLOWEEN Presented ByBismarck Police Crime Prevention
• Try to Trick-or-Treat when it is still light outside.
• Wear a costume that makes it easy for you to walk, see and be seen.
• If you must go out at night, make certain that your costume is light in color.
• Carry a flashlight so you can see and be seen easily.
• Use reflective tape on your costume so people driving cars can see you.
• A face mask will keep you from seeing well. Take off your mask before you cross a street.
• Why not use makeup instead of a mask?
• Have a parent, older brother or sister go Trick-or-Treating with you.
• If someone older cannot go with you, Trick-or-Treat with a group of children.
• Plan your Trick-or-Treat route ahead of time. Pick streets that are well-lit.
• Tell your family on which streets you will be Trick-or-Treating.
• Cross only at corners. Never cross the street between parked cars or in the middle of the block.
• If there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic.
• Wait until you get home to sort, check and eat your treats.
HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY HALLOWEEN!