The City of Bismarck invites comments on its proposed 2018 Annual Action Plan & Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) application. CDBG funds must be used primarily for activities that benefit low and moderate-income persons. Bismarck’s proposes to use its 2018 CDBG allocation of $398,965 plus $17,000 in unused funds from prior years for the following activities:
• Aid, Inc.: $9,000 for emergency housing assistance
• Bismarck Parks & Recreation: $18,000 for Fit-Trail installation of Normandy & Kiwanis Parks
• Bridging the Dental Gap: $50,000 for community dental clinic
• Burleigh County Council on Aging: $35,000 for flooring replacement at the Senior Center
• Community Action Program: $43,000 for housing accessibility
• Dacotah Foundation: $28,000 for flooring replacement
• Heartview Foundation: $20,000 for supportive housing renovations
• High Plains Fair Housing Center: $3,000 for Fair Housing education & outreach
• Lewis & Clark Development Group: $20,000 for emergency repairs on single family homes
• Missouri Slope Areawide United Way: $19,000 for lease of emergency homeless shelter at Sunrise
• Patterson Place Limited Partnership: $60,000 for Patterson Place renovations
• Salvation Army: $9,000 for homelessness prevention
• Youthworks: $14,000 for soffit/fascia replacement, space utilization improvements and outside storage
• Administration: $75,965
• Contingency funding: $12,000
• If more monies become available, the following may be funded: activities that received reduced funding, current projects requiring additional funds, or urgent need activities in an emergency.
• The following were not funded due to lack of funds: Abused Adult Resource Center, Arc of Bismarck, Charles Hall Youth Services, Legal Services of North Dakota, Lutheran Social Services, West Central Human Service Center
The public may comment on the proposed plan and CDBG projects as follows.
At a public hearing: By sending comments by July 16th to:
Thursday, June 28th, 2018 at 5:15 p.m. City of Bismarck – Community Develop. Dept.
David Blackstead Room – 2nd floor PO Box 5503
City-County Building Bismarck, ND 58506-5503
221 North 5th Street
Bismarck, ND 58506 Fax: (701) 222-6450 E-mail
Phone: (701) 355-1840 Fax: (701) 222-6450 TDD 711
ND relay: 1-800-366-6888/TTY 1-800-366-6889/voice
If you should require auxiliary aids/services, more information, or wish to view the plan, please contact the above office. It is expected that the City Commission will take final action on this matter at its regular meeting on Tuesday, July 24, 2018.