- Here's the latest Missouri River Update July 24, 2018: http://www.nwd-mr.usace.army.mil/…/re…/pdfs/weeklyupdate.pdf
System storage is currently 68.0 MAF, 11.9 MAF above the base of the Annual Flood Control and Multiple Use Zone.
- More than 25% of the 16.3 MAF of designated flood control storage is available to capture runoff from mountain snowmelt and rainfall runoff.
- Pool levels for Fort Peck and Garrison reservoirs are in their respective Exclusive Flood Control Zones (EFCZ).
- Per the NOAA NWS Climate Prediction Center latest drought outlook which extends through October, drought removal is likely for all areas of the upper Basin, with the exception of a small area in north-central Montana. Drought is likely to persist and/or develop in areas of Kansas and Missouri.
- Gavins Point releases are currently 56,000 cfs, and will be increased gradually to 58,000 cfs as downstream conditions permit.
- The Gavins Point release schedule and forecast Missouri River flows and stages can be found here:
River Observations - National Weather Service - check here for current and projected river levels
Flood Outlook - National Weather Service
Flood Briefing Page - National Weather Service
USGS Flood Tracking - Missouri River at Bismarck
USACE Missouri River Daily Bulletin
USACE Missouri River Basin Weekly Update
USACE Three-week Regulation Forecast