Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Notice is hereby given that the Bismarck Planning & Zoning Commission will hold public hearings on Wednesday, July 22, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. in the Tom Baker Meeting Room, City-County Building, 221 North 5th Street, Bismarck, North Dakota, to consider the following items:
• Request of Wilment Development, LLC for approval of a zoning change from the RT-Residential and CA-Commercial zoning districts to the RT-Residential and CA-Commercial zoning districts and a major subdivision final plat for Northern Sky Second Addition, a 3-lot subdivision on 23.4 acres. The property is located in northwest Bismarck, along the west side of North Washington Street and the north side of Ash Coulee Drive (a replat of Lot 2, Block 2, Northern Sky Addition and part of Lot 3, Block 1, Replat of Millennium Addition and part of Lot C-3 of the SE1/4 of Section 17, T139N-R80W/Hay Creek Township).
• Request of Bismarck Cancer Center for approval of a zoning change from the HM-Health Medical and RM30-Residential zoning districts to the HM-Health Medical zoning district for Tract 500 of Blocks 27 and 38, Northern Pacific Second Addition and Lots 3, 4, the North 20 of Lot 5, 9 and 10, Block 38, Northern Pacific Addition. The property is located in central Bismarck, between East Rosser Avenue and East B Avenue, along the west side of North 8th Street.
• Request of Kenneth Fricke for approval of a special use permit to increase the area of accessory buildings to 2,844 square feet on Lot 4, Block 2, Prairie Pines First Subdivision. The property is located north of Bismarck, south of 97th Avenue NE and west of 41st Street NE, within the Cedar Place cul-de-sac (4019 Cedar Place).
• Request of State Street Investors, LLC and Cornerstone Bank for approval of a special use permit for a drive-through in conjunction with a financial institution, to be located on part of Lot 1, Block 1, Eugenes First Addition First Replat. The property is located in north-central Bismarck north of East Divide Avenue along the west side of State Street.
• Request of JJ Miller Holdings for approval of a special use permit for a retail liquor establishment to be located on Lots 1-2, Block 5, Northstar Commercial Park Third Subdivision. The property is located north of Bismarck, east of US Highway 83 along the south side of Northstar Drive (1205 Northstar Drive).
• Request of Jeffrey Lund for approval of a special use permit for an accessory dwelling unit to be located on Lot 4, Block 6, Park Hills First Addition. The property is located in west Bismarck, south of West Main Avenue and north of Memorial Highway, east of Hill Street along the south side of Lake Avenue (945 Lake Avenue).
At these hearings, the Bismarck Planning & Zoning Commission will provide an opportunity for all interested parties to be heard with respect to these items. Due to ongoing public health concerns related to COVID-19, the City of Bismarck is encouraging citizens to provide their comments for these items in writing or via email. Interested parties may submit written or email comments regarding these requests at least one business day prior to the meeting to the Community Development Department, PO Box 5503, Bismarck, North Dakota 58506-5503, fax: 701-222-6450, or email. Interested persons may also call 701-355-1840 with questions, for additional information, or to facilitate alternate means to appear at the public hearing without having to appear in person.
Descriptions of these requests are on file and may be viewed or copied any working day between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at the Bismarck Community Development Department, 221 North 5th Street, Bismarck, North Dakota.
Ben Ehreth, AICP, Community Development Director
For Bismarck Planning & Zoning Commission
Dated this 6th day of July, 2020.