Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Notice is hereby given that the Bismarck Planning & Zoning Commission will hold public hearings on Thursday, October 15, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. in the Tom Baker Meeting Room, City-County Building, 221 North 5th Street, Bismarck, North Dakota, to consider the following items:
• Request of Burleigh County Housing Authority for approval of a minor subdivision final plat for Burleigh County Housing Addition First Replat, a 9-lot subdivision on 1.75 acres. The property is located in central Bismarck, east of South Washington Street between West Bowen Avenue and East Indiana Avenue (a replat of Lots 8-16 and Lots 23-25, Block 1, Burleigh County Housing Addition).
• Request of Frank Kelsch for approval of a special use permit to increase the total allowable square footage of accessory structures on the lot to 3,000 square feet, which would allow the construction of a new 2,000 square-foot accessory building, to be located on Lot 3, Block 3, Brentwood Estates. The property is located north of Bismarck, east of US Highway 83, east of Plainview Drive along the west side of Baine Drive (9220 Baine Drive).
• Request of Jan Joersz and TSM Investments for approval of a special use permit for an animal kennel/dog training facility to be located on Lot 2 of Lot A of Lot 1, Block 10, Eastdale Addition. The property is located in east Bismarck, north of East Main Avenue, east of Eastdale Drive along the south side of East Broadway Avenue (3215 East Broadway Avenue).
• Request of Daryl Ressler for approval of a special use permit to increase the total allowable square footage of accessory structures on the lot to 3,200 square feet, which would allow the construction of a new 3,200 square-foot accessory building, and a special use permit for an accessory dwelling unit within in this structure, to be located on Lot 8, Block 1, Copper Ridge Subdivision. The property is located southeast of Bismarck, east of 52nd Street SE and north of Woodrow Drive along the west side of Copper Ridge Lane (6516 Copper Ridge Lane).
• Request of Runway Investments, Val Schafer and Shannon Herman for approval of a special use permit for a child care center to be located on Lot 1, less the West 217 feet and less the East 235 feet, Block 1, Airport Expressway 2nd Addition Replat of All of Lots 1 and 2, Block 1. The property is located in south Bismarck, south of University Drive and east of South 12th Street, along the north side of Tacoma Avenue (1300 Tacoma Avenue/Danceworx Studio).
At these hearings, the Bismarck Planning & Zoning Commission will provide an opportunity for all interested parties to be heard with respect to these items. Due to ongoing public health concerns related to COVID-19, the City of Bismarck is encouraging citizens to provide their comments for these items in writing or via email. Interested parties may submit written or email comments regarding these requests at least one business day prior to the meeting to the Community Development Department, PO Box 5503, Bismarck, North Dakota 58506-5503, fax: 701-222-6450, or email. Interested persons may also call 701-355-1840 with questions, for additional information, or to facilitate alternate means to appear at the public hearing without having to appear in person.
Descriptions of these requests are on file and may be viewed or copied any working day between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at the Bismarck Community Development Department, 221 North 5th Street, Bismarck, North Dakota.
Ben Ehreth, AICP, Community Development Director
For Bismarck Planning & Zoning Commission
Dated this 29th day of September, 2020.