Notice is hereby given that the Bismarck Planning & Zoning Commission will hold public hearings on Wednesday, April 28, 2021, at 5:00 p.m. in the Tom Baker Meeting Room, City-County Building, 221 North 5th Street, Bismarck, North Dakota, to consider the following items:
• Request of Dan Potter for approval of a zoning change from RR – Residential zoning district to the RR – Residential and R5 – Residential zoning districts and a minor subdivision final plat for Potter Pointe Subdivision, a 5-lot subdivision on 7.42 acres. The property is located in southwest Bismarck, between Mills Avenue and Larson Road along the west side of Langer Lane (a replat of Lots 1-4, Block 1, Replat of Lots 1A, 2A and part of 3A, Mills First Subdivision and the west half of Langer Lane right-of-way).
• Request of Sattler Homes, Inc. for approval of a zoning change from the Conditional RM15-Residential and PUD-Planned Unit Development zoning districts to the PUD-Planned Unit Development zoning district and a minor subdivision final plat for Hamilton’s First Addition First Replat, a 19-lot subdivision on 6.79 acres. The property is located in northeast Bismarck, between East Century Avenue and East Calgary Avenue along the east side of Hamilton Street (a replat of part of Lot 1, Block 1; and Lots 2 and 3, Block 1, Hamilton’s First Addition).
• Request of James Barnhardt for approval of a zoning change from the MA-Industrial zoning district to the PUD-Planned Unit Development zoning district for Lot 2, Block 1, J & L Addition. The property is located in south Bismarck, south of East Bismarck Expressway and east of South 12th Street, along the southeast side of Park Avenue.
• Request of Kier and Candance Vander Wal for approval of a zoning change from the RM30 – Residential zoning district to the PUD – Planned Unit Development zoning district for Lots 23-24, Block 23, Sturgis Addition. The property is located in southcentral Bismarck, along the east side of South 14th Street and the south side of East Sweet Avenue.
• Request of Troy Walker for approval of a special use permit to increase the total allowable area of accessory buildings to 3,200 square feet on Lot 5, Block 12, Grande Prairie Estates Third Subdivision. The property is located north of Bismarck, north of 43rd Avenue NE, along the east side of Heartland Loop (3539 Heartland Loop).
At these hearings, the Bismarck Planning & Zoning Commission will provide an opportunity for all interested parties to be heard with respect to these items. Due to ongoing public health concerns related to COVID-19, the City of Bismarck is encouraging citizens to provide their comments for these items in writing or via email. Interested parties may submit written or email comments regarding these requests at least one business day prior to the meeting to the Community Development Department, PO Box 5503, Bismarck, North Dakota 58506-5503, fax: 701-222-6450, or email. Interested persons may also call 701-355-1840 with questions, for additional information, or to facilitate alternate means to appear at the public hearing without having to appear in person.
Descriptions of these requests are on file and may be viewed or copied any working day between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at the Bismarck Community Development Department, 221 North 5th Street, Bismarck, North Dakota.
Ben Ehreth, AICP, Community Development Director
For Bismarck Planning & Zoning Commission
Dated this 12th day of April, 2021