Notice is hereby given that the Bismarck Planning & Zoning Commission will hold public hearings on Wednesday, April 27, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. in the Tom Baker Meeting Room, City-County Building, 221 North 5th Street, Bismarck, North Dakota, to consider the following items:
• Request of Tyler Coulee, LLP, Bismarck North Developers, LLC, Ron Knutson, Henry and Jeanette Albers, and Paulette Thurn and Michael Hoffman for approval of a zoning change from the A – Agriculture, R5 – Residential, and R10 – Residential zoning districts to the R5 – Residential, R10 – Residential, P – Public zoning districts and a major subdivision final plat for Elk Ridge Third Addition, a 98-lot subdivision on 158.99 acres. The property is located in northwest Bismarck, between River Road and East Valley Drive, east of Promontory Point VI Addition along the east side of Tyler Parkway (a replat of Lots 1-2, Block 3 and Lot 1, Block 4, Eagle Crest 6th Addition and Auditor’s Lot A of the SE1/4 of Section 18 and part of the SE1/4 of Section 18, and part of the NE1/4 of Section 19, T139N-R80W/Hay Creek Township).
• Request of Ron and Ruth Knutson for approval of a zoning change from the A – Agricultural and R5 – Residential zoning districts to the R5 – Residential, R10 – Residential, and Conditional RT – Residential zoning districts and a major subdivision final plat for Boden Addition, a 52-lot subdivision on 20.0 acres. The property is located in north Bismarck, on the west side of North Washington Street and the south side of East Lasalle Drive (a replat of Lots 2 and 3, Block 1 and Lot 4, Block 2, Boulder Ridge Fifth Addition and part of the W1/2 of Section 16, T139N-R80W/City Lands).
• Request of Phat Brothers Bakery for approval of a special use permit for a drive-through in conjunction with a service establishment (coffee shop) to be located on Lot 16, Block 20, Wachter’s Fourth Addition and part of Lot 1, Block 1, Kirkwood Addition. The property is located in central Bismarck, north of East Bismarck Expressway and west of South 3rd Street, along the south side of East Indiana Avenue and the east side of South 2nd Street (601 South Second Street).
• Request of Western Partners, LLP for approval of a special use permit for a filling station, carwash and drive-through to be located on Lot 1, Block 1, Cottonwood Parkview Addition (101 Santa Fe Avenue). The property is located southwest Bismarck, south of East Wachter Avenue and north of East Burleigh Avenue, in the southeast quadrant of the intersection of Santa Fe Avenue and South Washington Street.
• Request of the City of Bismarck for approval of a zoning ordinance text amendment relating to allowing data centers as a special use. The proposed amendment would allow data centers as a special use in the MA – Industrial zoning district and an administrative special use in the MB – Industrial zoning district.
At the hearings, the Bismarck Planning & Zoning Commission will provide an opportunity for all interested parties to be heard with respect to these items. Interested parties may submit written or email comments regarding these requests no later than 8:00 AM the day of the meeting to the Community Development Department, PO Box 5503, Bismarck, North Dakota 58506-5503, fax: 701-222-6450, or email. Written comments received after 8:00 AM on Wednesday, April 27, 2022 and those submitted anonymously will not be forwarded to the Planning & Zoning Commissioners or included in the minutes of the meeting. Interested persons may also call 701-355-1840 with questions, for additional information, or to facilitate alternate means to appear at the public hearing without having to appear in person.
Descriptions of these request are on file and may be viewed or copied any working day between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at the Bismarck Community Development Department, 221 North 5th Street, Bismarck, North Dakota.
Ben Ehreth, AICP, Community Development Director
For Bismarck Planning & Zoning Commission
Dated this 11th day of April, 2022.