Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Notice is hereby given that the Bismarck City Commission will hold public hearings on Tuesday, July 26, 2022, at 5:15 p.m. in the Tom Baker Meeting Room, City-County Building, 221 North 5th Street, Bismarck, North Dakota, to consider the following items:
• Request of Bismarck Rental Properties, LLC for approval of a zoning change from the CG-Commercial zoning district to the RMH-Residential zoning district for Block 45, Governor Pierce Addition. The property is located in east-central Bismarck, the block bounded by East Thayer Avenue, North 24th Street, East Rosser Avenue and North 25th Street.
• Request of Bismarck Rental Properties, LLC for approval of a zoning change from the CG-Commercial zoning district to the RMH-Residential zoning district for Block 49 and part of Block 56, Governor Pierce Addition. The property is located in east-central Bismarck, the block bounded by East Broadway Avenue, North 25th Street, East Thayer Avenue and North 26th Street.
• Request of Venture Property Management, LLP for approval of a zoning change from the RT-Residential zoning district to the DF-Downtown Fringe zoning district for Lot 7, Block 41, Northern Pacific 2nd Addition. The property is located in central Bismarck, along the north side of East Avenue B and the east side of North 5th Street (601 N 5th Street).
• Request of the City of Bismarck for approval of a zoning ordinance text amendment relating to agency foster homes for adults. The proposed amendment would allow an agency foster home for four or fewer adults as a permitted use in the R5 – Residential and R10 – Residential zoning districts.
• Request of the City of Bismarck for approval of a zoning ordinance text amendment relating to front yard setbacks in the CG – Commercial and MA – Industrial zoning districts. The proposed amendment would eliminate the application of a greater setback on all principal arterials (except those specifically exempted) and instead apply it to specific major roadway segments.
At these hearings, the Bismarck City Commission will provide an opportunity for all interested parties to be heard with respect to these items. The City of Bismarck is encouraging citizens to provide their comments for these hearings via email. The comments will be sent to the City Commissioners and included with the minutes of the meeting. Please submit your written comments by 3:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting and reference the specific item your comment addresses, including the agenda item.
Citizens may also appear via video or audio link for a 3-5-minute comment on these public hearing items by providing an e-mail address and contact information via email to email@example.com at least one business day before the meeting.
Descriptions of these requests may be viewed at our website at www.bismarcknd.gov or by contacting the Community Development Department – Planning Division at email or 701-355-1840.
BOARD OF CITY COMMISSIONERS
BISMARCK, NORTH DAKOTA
Attest: Keith J. Hunke
Dated this 8th day of July, 2022.