Temporary Food License

Temporary Food Stands JPEG

"Temporary food establishment" means any food-service establishment which operates at a fixed location for a temporary period of time, not to exceed seven days in connection with a fair, carnival, circus, public exhibitions or similar transitory gathering.

If you are wondering whether or not a temporary food license is required for your event, please call Bismarck-Burleigh Public Health at (701) 355-3400. 

How do I apply for a temporary food establishment license?

First, review our Temporary Food Requirements. Then submit a completed Temporary Food Application with associated fees ($75.00 per unit/booth) to Bismarck/Burleigh Public Health at least one week prior to the first day of the event unless other arrangements are made.

Once you complete the temporary food license application and submit it with the appropriate fee to our office, our staff will review your application. If approved, you will be mailed or emailed a temporary food license that must be posted at your temporary food unit/booth. Failure to comply with Bismarck’s food code will result in the suspension and/or revocation a temporary food license.   

  1. Anton Sattler

    Phone: 355-3401