Forestry Advisory Board
- 12:15 p.m.
- Quarterly on the third Tuesday of January, April, July, and October
- All meetings are held at the Public Works building at 601 South 26th Street.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Agendas and minutes created prior to 2016.
Forestry Advisory Board Members serve a four year term. The Board is composed of:
- One member of the Board of City Commissioners, appointed by the Mayor.
- One member of the Board of Park Commissioners, appointed by the President of that board.
- Eight citizen members, appointed by the Mayor.
- Two Ex Officio members: the Executive Director of Parks & Recreation and the City Forester.
The Forestry Advisory Board is always looking for citizens interested in serving on the Board and currently has one vacancy. Click here for a City of Bismarck Boards and Committees membership application that will be forwarded to the City Forester when submitted.
|Citizen Member||Term Expires||Member Since|
|Doug Prchal (Chairman)||2024||2013|
|Amy Sakariassen (Vice-Chairman)||2023||2015|
|Commissioner Members||Member Since|
|Greg Zenker (City Commission)||2018|
|Mark Zimmerman (Park Commission)||2018|
|Doug Wiles (City Forester)|
|Kevin Klipfel (Executive Director of Parks and Recreation)|
The Bismarck Forestry Advisory Board has been established to:
- Advise and assist the City Forester in the selection, planting, maintenance, protection and removal of trees on streets, in parks and on other public property in the city.
- Advise and assist the City Forester in the enforcement of the Forestry Ordinance.
- Make recommendations to the City Forester as to desirable legislation concerning the
selection, planting, maintenance, protection and removal of trees on streets, in parks
and on other public areas in the City of Bismarck and the Bismarck Parks & Recreation District.