Bismarck's yard waste drop Site 4 - Ash Coulee Water Tower is temporarily closed. Residents are asked to use Site 2 - Onyx Dr & E LaSalle Dr or the *temporary grass sites that have been set up. Branches are not accepted at any of the yard waste drop sites as they contaminate the grass from being used as compost. Branches may be set out for collection on your garbage day in tied bundles less than 4 feet in length.
*Yukon Dr (dead-end) just north of 57th Ave NE
*Cogburn Rd (dead-end) just east of Tyler Pkwy
Acceptable items at the sites:
• Garden trimmings and excess fruit and vegetables.
• Do not dump grass on the ground. If containers are full, please set grass bags by the containers.
• If you have a trailer full of grass, please empty it at the landfill during regular hours.
• Yard waste should not contain animal waste.
• Do Not place any plastic bags in the yard waste containers.
Not Accepted at Yard Waste Sites
Please take items to the landfill (charges may apply)
• Tree stumps
Landfill Hours of Operation
Monday - Saturday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Sundays & Holidays: Closed