The City of Bismarck Street Department will begin the city-wide street sweeping project on Monday, March 21. City crews will sweep streets as listed below. Crews will continue this schedule, weather permitting, until all residential streets are swept. Thank you for your cooperation.
Sweeping Guidelines for Residents and Businesses
- Keep vehicles and trailers off the street until sweepers are done in your area.
- Do not rake sand or debris from your boulevard into the street.
- Do not to rake or blow leaves or grass into the street.
- Grass clippings plug our storm water system.
- Keep grass clippings out of the gutter line and street. Adopt an Inlet
Sweeping Days and Times
Monday – Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
|March 21-April 1||1||Bismarck Exp to South City Limits. East City Limits to West City Limits|
|April 4-15||2||Divide Ave to Boulevard Ave and Highland Acres Area. East City Limits to West City Limits|
|Boulevard Ave to Main Ave. East City Limits to West City Limits|
|Undetermined||4||Century Ave to Interstate 94. State Street to West City Limits|
|Interstate 94 to Divide Ave. East City Limits to West City Limits|
|Main Ave to Bismarck Exp. East City Limits to West City Limits|
|North City Limits to Century Ave. East City Limits to State Street|
|North City Limits to Century Ave. State Street to West City Limits|
Street Sweeping Tips
- Street sweeping operations can be dangerous.
- Stones and other flying debris could be hazardous.
- Parents are advised to keep children away from all street sweeping operations.
- Motorists should drive with caution when passing street sweepers.
- Visibility may be restricted in sweeping areas due to dusty conditions.